Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ROAD TRIP - OUR ODYSSEY to the AMERICAN NORTHWEST - DAY #3

Couldn’t wait to attend our family’s church - Riverside Community.  The people there were very warm and welcoming; they made us feel like family.
Enjoyed a scrumptious BBQ of pork butt slow cooked in the crockpot until it pulled a part and tender, cous cous salad, watermelon, and to the delight of my sweet tooth - DESSERTS!
The cousins frolicked on the playground and enjoyed an ageless childhood activity - the SLIP N SLIDE.  Ahhh, I have so many good memories of the ‘Slip N Slide’ and the laughter, giggles, and smiles were a crack up.  All of a sudden the ominous dark clouds broke, the wind turned bitter cold and harsh, and we all ran for cover in the house.  I went back to change my clothes into jeans and sweaters, when by the time I arrived back at the BBQ, the weather changed its mind and the sun broke through the clouds.  Wishy Washy weather!  I was hot again, and wishing I’d have kept my sun dress on!  A fun session of “Beatles - the Rock Band’ and we were singing and laughing -- bonding together, as families should.