Monday, June 28, 2010

ROAD TRIP - DAY #6; PART DEUX: HORSEBACK, BIG JUD’S, AND THE CAPITOL

After horseback riding we were in desperate need of some FOOD!  Not food of the salad variety, but rather, MAN FOOD, American style - Burgers, Fries, and Icecream!  We headed over to BIG JUD'S
1289 Protest Rd
Boise, ID 83706
(208) 343-4439

It has been featured on the Travel Network's show called ‘Man V. Food’ with Adam Richman.  I am a HUGE fan (no pun intended) and so is my dad, Gary, and husband, Brian.  


We couldn’t wait to taste the 1 lb. burger that ‘Big Jud’s’ is famous for serving up with good ole’ Idaho potato fries lining the plates as a “bonus.”
The restaurant was small and cramped and packed out with patrons, of course.  When we finally were hooked up with a table, we placed our orders quickly, because we were famished.  

The HUGE 1 pounder finally arrived, and I cut it into 1/4 ths for myself and the children. It was mammoth, packed with all of the trimmings, and juicy.  Dripping of yummy goodness, I stuffed my face until I couldn’t even look at another bite; I could barely finish my 1/4 of the burger (sorry everyone I couldn’t even think about attempting the Challenge of eating the entire burger!).  The kids loved the burger, and if your kids don’t care for beef, then the restaurant also serves mini-corn dogs.
The burger was one of the best I’ve ever eaten; however, the fries were a disappointment and too thick.  I felt like I was eating an entire potato. Patrons can also choose to be served tater tots, and these were greasy and yummy.  Get the tots; NOT the fries!

Afterwards we gorged ourselves with waffle cones.  I chose the ‘Huckleberry’, of course, and the kids choose ‘Bubblegum flavored.’ I’m in ‘Huckleberry Heaven’..ahhh.....